We are providing large numbers of ear syringing appointments, and this is reducing the availability of nurse appointments for more serious illness and procedures.
Earwax is produced by the ear as part of its natural process and actually protects against dust dirt and bacteria. It ONLY needs removing if:
- Loss of hearing, pain, tinnitus or vertigo
- Obstructing view for examination or for hearing aid assessment
- Before syringing please use drops from pharmacist for at least 2-4 weeks before appointment (this may solve the problem)
- use the drops for 2 weeks before booking the appointment and then continue until the appointment date
- Drops can be olive oil or sodium bicarbonate – pharmacist can advise.
- Need to be used 3-4 times daily
- Ear canals have a self- cleaning mechanism so please do not use cotton buds, hairgrips, etc to clean your ears. These can damage the delicate lining of your ear canal and may even perforate your ear drum.
Other nursing services
We also provide:
- wound care
- 12 lead ECGs
- 24 hour blood pressure monitoring for diagnosing high blood pressure
- ring pessary removal and insertion
- chronic disease monitoring
- Sexual Health and Contraceptive Services
- vaccinations against shingles, pneumonia, covid and flu in adults
- childhood vaccinations